Sunday 19 October 2014

Skyline Chunky Pages

Hello! Today I'm posting a few Chunky 4x4 pages I made for a Cityscapes & Skylines themed swap at my dear ATCs for All site earlier this year. I'm really happy with the special look that I achieved by using hand decorated papers only. Well, there's sheet music and book pages but they too are hand painted. I've collected marbled, stamped and painted papers for a while but this was a first time I made a whole project with that stash!





I think I need to make a few more of these for myself to keep, too - though making them is a sure way to catch a travel fever! Can you guess which cities I was thinking of?



They are Venice, Istanbul and Barcelona. And hey, if you want to try making a skyline collage of your own cities of inspiration, just google city skylines and plenty of images can be found to help as a reference for drawing your template.

Have a nice week!

4 comments:

  1. I guessed!!! I love Venice and Barcelona and I have always wanted to visit Istanbul. A great way to use marbled paper as it looks great as a dappled sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you, Morag! I love marbled paper and will get to make some this week - this time in an adult and child workshop with my 6 year old! I look forward to seeing what he thinks of it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing Salla....love these city outlines...the backgrounds so artsy and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete