Friday 4 September 2015

Happy 2015: Layout for Scrap Africa DT

Hi! Happy weekend, and happy September! I'm a bit late posting my layout for the first Scrap Africa challenge of the month. At the time I finished it I was too busy to do the wise thing and schedule the post, and then our kids fell ill... but now they are safe and sound asleep, so here it goes.



The challenge is this inspiring sketch by Denise van Deventer, the owner of Scrap Africa challenge site.

It was the clock in the sketch that instantly took my thoughts to New Year, thus the choice of my photos, in case you wondered!



With a multi photo sketch you have to print the pictures pretty small, but you can see the fireworks a bit better in the detail photos below!



I wanted the die-cut clock to pop out so I painted it bright pink first and then used clear embossing powder.



For glitters and pearls, I used pearl stickers in purple and gold, rhinestones in light lavender purple and Stickles in bronze colour.



This was the first time I used the delicate chipboards from Wycinanka. I painted the heart pattern chipboards golden and glued them down with Glossy Accents. After that I got the idea to also fill some of the hearts with the bronze coloured Stickles, and I'm really happy I did that!



I bought these glittery purple alpha from American Crafts' Thickers line a few weeks ago in a sale, and was a bit doubtful if I would get to use them at all. I'm often lacking more neutral stuff to use so I wasn't very sure about the glitter nor the purple, but was very attracted to them for some reason still. Now I'm surprised to see that they have found their way to more than one layout already, so it was a good purchase after all! Did you ever shop a weird product that ended up being a favourite in your stash?



Thank you for your visit and see you again on Sunday for part 3/4 of Scrap the Same Materials, the fun and inspiring co-operation project with three of my Finnish scrapping colleagues. Meanwhile, if you haven't stopped by lately, check in the first and second parts, with links to what the other ladies did!

No comments:

Post a Comment