Monday 6 June 2016

Amazing Glass House − Counterfeit Kit June Challenge 1

Hello! Today's the day for June Challenge #1 at Counterfeit Kit, where I am happy to be the Guest Designer this month.



The challenge prompt is to be inspired by one of these mood boards at Burnett's Boards − you're free to choose one that works with the color/mood of your own counterfeit kit!

The images that you see on the main page are only partial so if something looks promising, take a closer look!

There are some really gorgeous color combos & moods... This one seemed spot-on for my May Hip Kit Club inspiration this month:

Neon Wedding



The neon colours inspired me to use the yellows and pinks of my kit. And I loved the decoration with the hanging glass pieces and the alphabet in different colours. The letter O in the word LOVE has a metallic finish that made me think of using my sequins. Instead of alphabet, I cut out and decorated two arrows from my kit.



In the background, I've used some gesso and acrylic paints in neon orange and yellow. I thinned them with water so that I could splash them like watercolours. There is also some pencil doodling and stamping.



I used washi tapes and strips of my papers to create the background for my photo.





I'd love to see you pop in and link your own challenge project at Counterfeit Kit Challenge. It'll be so fun to see what mood boards everyone will choose!



Thank you for coming!

6 comments:

  1. This looks super. I love all those colours rtogether and the sequinned arrows are genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And neon is right on trend so this is really fabulous! The photo is amazing _- is it a glass installation? And all the bits and pieces you took from the inspiration piece work so well together! Lovely layout. Your mixed media effect is very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for your kind comments! Lisa, this is a indeed a glass work of art - a huge thing hanging from the ceiling at the Glass House at the Chihuly Garden & Glass Museum in Seattle.

      Chihuly is an amazing glass artist and in this museum, many of the pieces are beautifully incorporated with the garden elements outdoors. It was definitely worth a visit, though kind of pricey! The Glass House is a popular wedding and celebration spot, too.

      Delete
  3. What a cool layout! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning layout Salla which draws my eye directly to the centre but I need to keep looking to see all the fabulous detail around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and white mixed in with all those beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete